Friday 11 October 2013

Task 1a: Professional Profile.. Re-done!

After reading through many of my peers profiles, who are also in module one, I noticed that there was a lot of discussion on this first task. Many of them seemed to have been posting there CV's which confused me because I didn't think that was required but after reading several more, it was clarified that the idea was just to re-write your CV in your 'About Me' section.

I felt that my own 'About Me' section did give the necessary information about myself and why it was important to me to do this BAPP course. However, upon reading everyone else's I thought that mine could perhaps be slightly more detailed. So, I went back over my CV and 'filled in the gaps' so to speak, although being a recent graduate, I did not have so much to say I had done... Yet!

This is a good example of 'Reflection' - a relevant topic throughout this whole scheme of work and something that I still relate to our very first induction day at Middlesex - and how I reflected on something that I had done, and then went back to do it again better. I hope that this is just the start of how my work will continue to develop over the next 15 months.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I've enjoyed reading your blog posts. I have to admit I think I was a culprit of just uploading my CV and not actually changing it to be more like a profile. I have since then re evaluated it and changed it too. Like you said a big part of this course is reflection and learning to critically think over our own work. I too felt my 'profile' developed and I actually learnt that having more of a personal touch when applying for specific jobs would sometimes suit more than just the facts of a CV.

    I also enjoyed looking at your flickr photos. I think you chose well on what to put on there. As I couldn't attend the induction day I unfortunately didn't get to meet you all in person so its nice to put a face to a name and see what you do (another good use of imagery) :)

    Happy blogging!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy! I totally agree with you and I have finally finished mine though i'm sure I could continue to improve it over the duration of our course. Yours is nice and easy to read and it was nice to see that you too have just graduated and enjoy teaching like me! I also now see how this task has helped us to 'reflect' and see how we can improve and progress by looking at other people profiles. Anyway, I'll take a look at your photos soon and i'll try to comment more often too.
    Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy

    I feel i have done the same as you after reading other peoples profiles i felt that i needed to add more detail to mine.

    You make a good point about Reflection, i think we will be constantly reflecting on this course without even realising it!

    Heather X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like we were all in the same boat on this one then and thank you for the comments as it adds that bit of reassurance that we are not alone in this! We can now impress Paula and Alan by actively 'reflecting'!

    ReplyDelete