Thursday 5 March 2015

Back on Track..

So after deferring this module due to a new job and busy schedule I am now hoping to have the degree finished in May. I have been offered a place on a PGCE course to start in September so I now I a real incentive to get it finished!

My inquiry is looking into the placement dance and drama not only have within the National Curriculum but also in schools (11-16). I have already carried out interviews and a questionnaire which means my main focus is now on the literature. Obviously I have a very biased opinion and wholeheartedly believe the performing arts subjects should be more valued however, I am aware, and understand that there are only so many hours within the day and there are other subjects also competing for 'lesson time'.

Another struggle I am having - and I believe this is because I am struggling to remove my own bias - is finding relevant literature which argues AGAINST dance and drama featuring in the National Curriculum. I am currently carrying out my literature reviews so please comment if you are aware of anything I could use? Also, if you work in a school or are carrying out a similar inquiry please get in touch and we can share ideas.

Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. I defected to because of a new job. Starting back this term same as you :-) well done on your PGcE offer! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab news of PGCE well done! That's the route I'm hoping to go down too, drama teacher one day (fingers crossed!) I appreciate you will no doubt by now have looked at and analysed literature from a variety of sources. Working in the drama department, I try really hard to keep myself updated on where the government sit on 'The Arts' Often there are interesting articles on the BBC news site and The Stage websites about their relevance. I think I may have posted one or two links to articles on my blog during Module 2!
    Hope it's all going well, what subject are you training in for your PGCE?

    Pip :)

    ReplyDelete