Sunday 11 May 2014

Task 6c: Award Title

Deciding on the award title I wish to receive has been a very difficult process. My formal training at The Hammond, Chester was in Professional Dance making “BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Dance)” the most apparent choice.

However, upon completion of this degree I plan to study for a PGCE in Performing Arts with the hope to eventually be a dance and drama teacher in a secondary school. With this in mind, my two main considerations are either, “BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Performing Arts)” or “BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Performing Arts Teaching)”. I still felt that by choosing either one of these, still left very specific to just one topic. And although my aim for the near future is to become a teacher, I still want to leave it open incase later in life, I decide that I want to change my career path. I


It was only until I read Natalie Martin’s blog about the rationale for her award title that I thought about making my own title in a similar way. I was interested in how she had used the word ‘and’ within her title which made it appear a broader subject range. Therefore I would now like my proposed award title to be, “BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Performing Arts and Teaching)”.

No comments:

Post a Comment